Terms & Conditions
- WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- Temprell is an in store and online retailer of silverware, fine jewellery. Temprell is the trading name of Spectrum Diamonds Limited, registered in England and Wales with registration number 4807971. Our registered office is at Lyndhurst, 1 Granmer Street, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 1NJ Our registered VAT number is 126059677.
- You can contact us by telephoning our store team on 0115 947 3472 or by writing to us at 14 Pelham street, Nottingham, NG1 2EG or by email email@example.com
- If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order. Please note that when we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- The term “we” or “us” or “our” refers to Temprell.
- “Bespoke Items” are any items of jewellery or silverware that are commissioned and / or created by us in accordance with your specifications. “Bespoke Items” also includes engraving services and re-sized rings. In cases where we are making Bespoke Items to measurements you have given us, you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure by contacting us.
- THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you in store or over the phone or by email (including for Bespoke Items). Together with our privacy notice, (which together shall be referred to “the T&Cs”) these T&Cs govern Temprell’s relationship with yourself.
- Please read these T&Cs carefully. These T&Cs tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- Temprell reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time, and in its sole discretion.
- We try to make sure that all information in relation to our products is accurate and correct at all times. However, in the event of any errors, we will try to resolve these as soon as reasonably possible, and if we believe that such an error has affected your order we will try to let you know. Provided we take such steps to ensure accuracy we will not be liable to you for any errors in the information that is provided to you.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- All the designs and images produced by Temprell are Temprell’s intellectual property. It is unlawful to copy any of Temprell’s designs, styles or patterns without our written permission. All Temprell designs remain the property of Temprell and may be reproduced by us in the future.
- OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- When you purchase items in store “off the shelf” (i.e. items which are not Bespoke Items), including branded items, a binding contract will come into existence between us and you when payment is made by you in full.
- Bespoke Items – Acknowledgment of your order
When you make an enquiry online or come into store to discuss purchasing a Bespoke Item, we will discuss and agree your specifications with you, arrange for you to come and view or try your jewellery should you wish to do so, to discuss price and payment and arrange specifics for delivery of your product. These discussions and any email correspondence which we may have with you to agree your specifications will not be an acceptance of your order.
- Bespoke Items – Acceptance of your order
- When we have enough information from you and have agreed in principle the specifications of your item, we will ask you to pay a 50% deposit, for which we will provide a receipt. When you pay your deposit, a binding contract will come into existence between us when you.
- Once you have committed to going ahead with your order / purchase and paid your 50% deposit, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Once your item is ready we will contact you to let you know, and to confirm whether you would like us to deliver your item to you or otherwise if you would like to collect it from our store. Unless we have agreed otherwise with you, you will be required to pay the balance of your item in full before delivery / collection can be made.
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing or by phone and will not charge you for the item. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product, because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified, your payment has not been authorised by your payment card issuer or you have cancelled your order in accordance with clause 11.1 below.
- OUR PRODUCTS
- The images of the items on our website or in our brochures are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the item. The item you receive may vary slightly from those images. Likewise, although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible in respect of the sizes, dimensions, measurements, weights of the product (including where applicable, diamonds and stones) the item you receive may vary slightly from those images. If you have any doubts or questions about the colour, size or any other specification of the product you should discuss this with is prior to placing your order.
- The packaging of the item may also vary from that shown in images on our website or brochures.
- OUR PRICES
- All of our prices are listed in Pounds Sterling and include VAT at the relevant rate at the time of payment. If you are purchasing goods from outside the UK, currency fluctuations and credit card charges may affect the amount billed on your credit card.
- Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card.
- The price of the product will be the price stated in store or on our website unless we have agreed another price with you in writing. It is always possible that despite out best efforts, some of our products we sell may be incorrectly priced. If a pricing error is made on your order date, where possible, we will inform you and give you the option of continuing to purchase the product at the correct price or cancel your order.
- We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes, which may apply to any or certain specified items. These discounts may only be applied to purchases on full price items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, sale or discounts
- INTEREST FREE CREDIT
- YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
If you wish to make a change to the item you have ordered please contact us as soon as possible and we will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes in price, delivery date, or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change. We will ask you to confirm in writing whether you are happy to proceed with the change.
- OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- We may make changes to the product, for example:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- to carry out minor technical adjustments and improvements;
- We may also make other more significant changes to the products after you have placed an order, but if we do so, we will notify you and you will have the option to cancel the contract with us in accordance with clause 11.1 below.
- We may make changes to the product, for example:
- Delivery Options / Prices
- If you live within the UK
- Your order will be delivered to you by Royal Mail special delivery, to the address you specify when you place your order.
- We do not charge delivery fees for delivery within the UK.
- Unless we advise you otherwise in writing, we will aim to complete and deliver your jewellery within 7 days after the day on which you receive confirmation from us that your item is ready for delivery.
- If you live outside the UK
- Your product will be delivered to you by courier to the address you provide to us when you place your order.
- We will contact you to confirm the price of delivery before we confirm acceptance of your order or take payment of your deposit.
- Unless we advise you otherwise in writing, we will aim to complete and deliver your jewellery within 30 days after the day on which you receive confirmation that your item is ready for delivery.
- If the manufacture or supply of the item is delayed by unforeseen circumstances or an event beyond our control causing a delay to the expected delivery date, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be not be liable for delays caused by the event.
- All of our shipments are fully insured. This insurance protects the product from the time it leaves our premises until the moment it arrives at your postal address.
- For your added security a signature will be required upon delivery of the product to your specified delivery address; it is your responsibility to make sure that you are available at the specified address on the expected delivery date to receive and sign for the delivery of your order.
- If you have asked to collect the product from our store, when we confirm to you that the product is ready for collection, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of Monday- Saturday 9.30am – 5pm and Sundays 11am – 4pm.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered, the carrier company will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
- If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs.
- The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us, or you collect it from us.
- You will own the product once we have received payment in full.
- REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
- Your right to change your mind before delivery / collection of your item
If you have ordered an item over the phone or by email, you may cancel your order at any time before we contact you to let you know your item is ready for delivery or collection and you will receive a full refund.
Please note that this right to cancel your order does not apply to Bespoke Items.
- Your right to change your mind after you have purchased the item in store or received your item in the post
We hope you will love your product but for whatever reason you may decide you do not want the item after all you can cancel your order / return your item to us for any reason (subject to providing proof of purchase) within 30 days from date on which you purchase your item in store or receive or collect your item.
If you have purchased your item over the phone or by email, you shall be entitled to a full refund.
If you have purchased your item in store, you will be entitled to a credit note for the value of your item.
Alternatively you may exchange your item for another item of equal or less value (and we will refund you the difference).
If you wish to cancel your order or return your item within the 30 day period, you should contact us by phone or email and let us know. Please see clause 17 below for instructions on how to return your product to us.
Please note that unless the items are deemed to be mis-described, faulty or defective (see clause 12 below), there is no right to a refund or exchange on Bespoke Items or (for hygiene reasons) on earrings.
Please also note that re-sized ready to wear rings cannot be returned, so if you are planning a proposal and are unsure of your partner’s ring size, we advise that you purchase the ring as is and we will re-size the ring for you at a later date.
- Cancelling your order where you have no right to change your mind and we are not at fault
In cases where you have no right to change your mind (including in relation to Bespoke Items), you can still cancel your order but you shall be required to pay all costs which have been incurred by Temprell up to the date of cancellation (which will include any deposit you have paid). We will inform you of such costs at the time of cancellation.
- FAULTY, DEFECTIVE OR MIS-DESCRIBED GOODS
- If when you purchase or receive or collect the item you find that it materially fails to match the description or your specifications or if you think it is defective you must contact us within 30 days of purchase / receipt of the item and let us know.
- You must return the item to us by following the instructions at clause 17.1 below within 14 days of notifying us of the defect.
- When we receive the item from you, and if we are satisfied that there is a defect in the material or workmanship of the item, or that the item materially fails to match your specifications, we shall contact you to let you know if we are able or willing to substitute the item with the ‘correct’ item. If you decide you would like us to replace the product, we will do so within a reasonable timeframe. We will then have no liability to you for the original faulty item.
- If we are unable to replace the item with the correct item or if you notify us that you would like a refund rather than a replacement, you must confirm in writing that you wish to receive a refund. We will refund you in full for the product and any delivery costs you have incurred within 30 days from the date on which you confirm you wish to receive a refund.
- Process for returning the product
- You must return the item promptly and in any event within 14 days from when you notifying us that (i) you wish to exercise your right to return the item, or (ii) the product is faulty, defective or mis-described.
- You should return the item to our store by registered post or by hand.
- If you are returning the item by registered post, we strongly suggest that you insure the package for the full amount of the invoice and shipping charges as we cannot accept responsibility of the item until it is received back by us.
- The item must be returned in the same condition and in the same packaging as it was delivered to you. We will not be liable for damage to items caused by you and are entitled to deduct the cost of any damage from any amounts being refunded to you.
- Payment for returns
- Unless you are returning the item because it is defective, faulty or fails to match specifications, you will be responsible for paying the cost of delivery to our store.
- If you are returning the item because it is faulty, defective or mis-described, we will refund you any delivery costs you incur.
- Process for returning the product
Temprell diamonds and stones are purchased from legitimate sources to the best of our knowledge and belief (and based on written guarantees from diamond suppliers that these stones are conflict free). We make best efforts to assure the stones’ legitimacy on all antique pieces containing old cut diamonds.
- Branded items
Please see specific guarantee / warranties offered by the individual brands
- Bespoke Items
We offer a lifetime guarantee inclusive of free cleaning and checking of stone security on items that we have created, using stones diamonds and materials sourced by us, in our workshop. Full annual refurbishment is also offered at a discounted price of £20.
Please note that this guarantee does not cover Bespoke Items that are made using stones or diamonds that you provide to us, or Bespoke Items using settings that you have provided to us (for renovation or otherwise).
- We shall not be liable for any items that are damaged or lost as a result of any act or omission on your part and we recommend you to take our personal insurance on the item once you have received it.
- We will not be liable for, or provide any guarantee in relation to, any repairs undertaken by a third party, outside of our workshop, or for any repairs undertaken in our workshop on any item which contains stones or diamonds that you have provided / sourced.
- We will not be liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss, or direct or indirect loss of profit, opportunity, savings, contracts, business, reputation or goodwill, or pure economic loss whether foreseeable, known, foreseen or otherwise.
- These T&Cs do not affect your statutory rights.